BD Stent is intended for patients aged 18 and older and indicated for management of refractory benign esophageal stenoses:
- refractory esophageal stenoses (peptic, caustic, or anastomotic) in which the standard therapy with repeated dilation failed.
- Inability to pass the 9.4 mm (28 F) delivery system through the stricture
- Benign stricture in the upper part of esophagus too close to the cricopharyngeal muscle
- Patients with benign strictures due to previously performed laryngectomy
MRI Safety Information
- The product is MRI Conditional, compatible with 1.5-Tesla and 3-Tesla magnetic field.
Features / Benefits
- Stent integrity and radial force of the stent is maintained for 6 – 8 weeks following implantation / Extended period of dilation compared to conventional methods
- Stent disintegration occurs 11 - 12 weeks following implantation / No need for removal
- Dual “flared ends” stent design / Reduced migration rates
- Radiopaque markers at both stent ends / Accurate stent positioning
The stent is delivered sterile and packed separately from the delivery system. It is manually loaded into the delivery system immediately prior to implantation.
The use of a 0.035” (0.89 mm) / 220 cm stiff guide wire is recommended.
The pH influences the process of degradation of the stent. Low pH (e.g. due to GE reflux) accelerates the degradation.